Search This Blog

Wednesday 6 February 2013

New to this...

So I decided to venture into the indepth world of quilting. Wow. Just wow. I had no idea there was such a community of people on the internet for it!  And the absolutely beautiful fabric art they are creating. I was inspired by others to look into blogging, at first following but interested in having my very own.

This is the first patchwork item I created. It's a duvet cover that is tacked down in a few spots with some stitching. The idea came from my apartment of all beige walls... I was bored to death!  So in came some bright colour. :-)  As an avid gamer for as long as I can remember, I'm not sure if the "Tetris" like look was subconscious, or just an accident. Either way, I'm happy with it!  It's also nice to not have my duvet in a ball at one end of the bed in the morning...  ;-) 

After that I made a few quilting squares out of my left over materials... I use the term square very loosely. They didn't really turn out. (I will post a few photos, so you can see how they turned out)  So being the type to not give up, to the internet I went! I'll tell ya, there are some talented ladies out there!  If I knew how to tag them here I would... So I'll look into that! 

Anyways, I hope this can bring some new finds and followers to the great community of sewers and quilters out there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment